ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSISTANT
Accounts Payable (AP) Assistant - NOT CURRENTLY RECRUITING
York Campus - 2300 Pleasant Valley Road
Martin Foot and Ankle is recruiting an Accounts Payable Assistant to work in the Accounts Payable department. The AP Assistant is responsible for the collection, review and maintenance of MFA's accounts payable records and information. This position will be responsible for extensive data entry and record keeping within the department. The AP Assistant will assist the AP Coordinator with maintaining accurate accounts payable records. Successful candidates will have a good base knowledge of business, preferably in accounting, from either previous experience or education and a proven ability to learn the job quickly.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- At least 1-2 years of accounting experience or equivalent education is strongly preferred.
- Ability to use general office equipment (i.e. computer, scanner, fax, copier, etc.).
- Proficient computer skills, especially using Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software quickly (such as Quickbooks), is required.
- Experience using accounting software, such as Quickbooks or Peachtree, is a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation and maintain regular attendance.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize work to meet deadlines is required.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal daily supervision.
- Expert attention to detail is required. The ability to catch errors and find mistakes is important.
- Must be a good communicator, both written and verbal, and have excellent people skills in dealing with both internal and external customers (i.e. staff and vendors).
- Must demonstrate a willingness to learn and receive constructive feedback.
- Must have a good understanding of confidentiality and demonstrate the ability to use discretion in business.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in difficult situations is a must.
This is a new position created to assist the AP Coordinator as the company continues to grow. The position will be required to work 10-20 hours per week (based on the work load) and the candidate must have a flexible schedule as they will be splitting an office with a college student whose schedule will change each semester; the hours could be anytime Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in becoming a member of our team, qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter indicating the position of interest along with a current resume to our Human Resources Manager, Darcey Peterson at [email protected].
Email is our preferred method of submission, however, if you are unable to send your resume/cover letter via email, you may fax it to 717-848-3381 or mail it to our main office:
Martin Foot and Ankle
Attn: Darcey Peterson, PHR, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Manager
2300 Pleasant Valley Rd
York, PA 17402
We welcome the opportunity to review your qualifications. Should we determine a match between your background and our needs, we will contact you directly for an interview. Resumes of candidates who do not meet our current needs will be placed in our active files for 90 days and considered as other positions become available.
PLEASE NOTE: only candidates who apply via email will receive a confirmation email in response. Candidates who apply via fax or US mail will not receive a response unless we are interested in moving forward with the interviewing process.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in our organization and we wish you success in your career!
Martin Foot and Ankle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.