Visiting the doctor can be overwhelming at times, and COVID-19 certainly doesn’t alleviate that. Now more than ever, it’s important to prepare for your appointment in advance to ensure that it goes as smoothly as possible.
In order to ease anxious feelings and better prepare our patients, we created this useful guide for you to reference while planning for your next visit.
Planning for Your Appointment
- Print and complete our patient forms. If you have any questions regarding how to fill out this paperwork, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Bring your insurance card and photo ID. These items are required at check-in.
- Check with your insurance provider if you need a referral. Some insurance plans require a written or verbal referral from a primary care physician before covering the costs of a specialist visit.
- Make a list of your symptoms and questions to ask your doctor. This will help to identify the issue and make the most of the time with your podiatrist.
- Write down relevant information regarding medications and/or past procedures. This will save you from spending time trying to recall details during your appointment.
- Request to send any important records from other medical providers. These include X-rays, MRIs, and lab results. Instructions for how to send a records request can be found on our website.
- Call the office to communicate any special requests. If you’re in need of extra assistance, our staff is happy to accommodate.
Our COVID-19 Safety Procedures
In compliance with CDC guidelines, we have implemented new safety procedures for our offices and physical therapy gyms. Please expect to abide by the following protocols during your appointment:
- All patients must wear a face-covering inside our facilities.
- All patients will be temperature screened and queried for recent cough or fever.
- To allow for proper social distancing, we ask that patients refrain from bringing a companion with them (unless a parent or caretaker is necessary).
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please call the office to reschedule your appointment or see if you’re eligible for a telemedicine consultation. Our goal is to keep all of our patients and staff healthy, and we appreciate your cooperation!
We understand that not everyone is able or comfortable to come into the office at this time. Video conferencing is a convenient option to communicate with your doctor while maintaining a safe distance. Thanks to technology, our doctors can still examine your lower limbs, identify issues associated with your pain, and provide a treatment plan.
The following tips will help you prepare for your virtual appointment:
- Ensure the device you’re using has a microphone, camera, and is fully charged.
- Familiarize yourself with your device’s camera settings.
- Remove noise distractions and sit in a well-lit area so that your doctor is able to see/hear you.
- Make sure that you are connected to a WiFi network or cellular data.
- Log into your virtual appointment a few minutes before your scheduled time so that you can troubleshoot any potential issues.
When you call our office to schedule a telemedicine appointment, you will receive an email and/or text with the date, time, and a link for the MEDENT video visit. Simply click on the link to join the appointment on the date and time specified. If you have difficulty with technology, consider asking a family member or friend to assist you with your appointment.
Our goal is to make your experience with us as easy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your appointment—virtual or in-person—feel free to call us at (717) 757-3537. Our staff is more than willing to help you prepare for your upcoming visit!