Among other things, February is American Heart Health Month. This may or may not be surprise you, but heart disease is the No. 1 cause of death for both men and women in American today. However, making a few small changes in your routine can greatly reduce your long-term health risk. We know it’s still winter, but it’s never a bad time to start living better! Heart Health Month provides a great opportunity to dedicate—or rededicate—yourself to a lifestyle that supports a lifetime of heart health.
Want to know one great way you can do that and even avoid the winter blahs at the same time? The Wellness Program at Martin Foot & Ankle’s York, PA location!
Our Wellness Program was designed to provide a unique environment for people of all ages and walks of life to pursue their health goals, supported by our expert medical and physical therapy staff with personalized, semi-supervised exercise programming. Whether you need a little extra time rehabbing an injury or you just want to improve your personal fitness, the Wellness Program is an awesome option, for many reasons:
- Unlike a community gym, qualified professionals are always on hand to provide guidance and supervision. If you find generic fitness centers intimidating, uncomfortable, or unfamiliar, the Wellness Program is for you.
- You begin the program with an appointment with our wellness coordinator, who will help you create a program to fit your personal goals. After that, you go at your own pace—no pressure or need to set appointments in advance.
- Our fitness programs focuses on simple equipment rather than big, specialized machines, so that you can bring your workouts back home with you and continue to challenge yourself.
- If you’re a current patient who has run out of insurance benefits for physical therapy appointments, the Wellness Program is a great low-cost way to continue your rehabilitation while remaining in close contact with our medical staff.
- The program is affordable and flexible. For just $45 per month, you can go as many times as you like, with no contracts or additional fees required. Why would you ever need an ordinary gym membership when you can get all the advantages of the Martin Wellness Program for the same cost?
Few investments provide a greater long-term return than those you make in your own personal health and fitness. Call (717) 757-3537 and ask about our Wellness Program, or schedule an appointment with our wellness coordinator to begin your personalized fitness plan.