Operations Manager - NOT CURRENTLY RECRUITING
York Campus - 2300 Pleasant Valley Road (travel to other offices is required)
Martin Foot and Ankle has an immediate need for an experienced Operations Manager to work in our multi-site podiatric practice. This position is responsible for the smooth operation of all four doctor offices in York/Shiloh/Hanover/Lancaster on a day-to-day basis as well as supervising a large staff of 40+ employees. Along with the regular day-to-day operations, this position will be involved in larger projects outside of their immediate department.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Selecting qualified candidates to fill open positions;
- Maintaining job satisfaction by ensuing that staff are trained properly, job standards are understood, communications are clear, staff opinions are heard, and staff is shown appreciation - ensures communication and feedback by facilitation of monthly department meetings;
- Coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees to ensure job results and appraising performance;
- Ensuring continued success of the practice by assessing operations and making recommendations for improvement;
- Monitoring stock level standards, anticipating needed supplies, planning and expediting orders, and verifying receipts of orders;
- Maintaining equipment, calling for repairs, improvements or services as necessary, and ensuring security measures and facility lock up measures are in place for a clean and safe operational facility;
- Achieving financial objectives by scheduling staff time efficiently, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions;
- Maintaining consistency between office locations and ensuring compliance with internal controls by auditing and verifying records, reports and practices - visiting locations to gauge consistency and work climate in each office;
- Preparing audit reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends;
- Maintaining historical reference by documenting information and utilizing filing and retrieval systems;
- Protecting both the organization and patient rights by maintaining confidentiality of information and proper training of staff;
- Keeping Practice Administrator informed by reviewing work status, summarizing information and informing of critical incidents;
- Remaining up-to-date on professional and technical knowledge by attending training sessions, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies as necessary;
- Assisting with advertising and public relation campaigns for the Practice;
- Monitoring staff timecards and submitting approval each week to the HR Manager;
- Coordinating monthly staff meetings and on-going training as necessary;
- Attending weekly Management and several Doctor’s meetings as necessary;
- Learning and becoming comfortable with implementing all OSHA and HIPAA regulations for legal operation of the practice;
- Coordinating treatment for on the job injuries in conjunction with HR;
- Scheduling training for staff including x-ray certification, CPR training and continuing education events;
- Organizing staff immunizations and yearly vaccinations (i.e. flu shots);
- Writing policies, procedures, and protocols for the Operations department – keep a policy manual up to date for front and back office staff to use as a resource; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of managerial experience;
- College degree relating to business or medical field preferred;
- Reliable transportation to travel to various offices throughout the work day;
- Experience supervising a large number of staff while handling personnel issues ranging from FMLA/workplace investigations/scheduling/performance reviews/etc;
- Scheduling and operations experience is required;
- Proven ability to work with various personalities and handle the most difficult of patients/staff tactfully;
- Previous experience working in the medical field is strongly preferred;
- Able to learn quickly and willing to get their hands dirty;
- Willingness to work on day-to-day operations as well as higher level projects;
- Proven experience supervising staff while creating a pleasant working environment;
- Ability to multi-task while still ensuring that each project or task is completed efficiently;
- Computer expertise is required (experience using Medent or the ability to learn new programs quickly is required);
- Good communication skills (written/verbal) is a must;
- Able to make independent decisions with the support and guidance from the Practice Administrator, Physicians and management team;
- Remain positive throughout difficult situations while creating solutions to the problem at hand;
- Able to build effective and appropriate working relationships with patients/subordinates/peers/physicians; and,
- Available, via cell phone, during off hours to handle scheduling issues and prepare for the following day.
This position reports to the Practice Administrator and requires a high level of independence. Candidates without previous managerial or supervisory experience will not be considered at this time. Previous operations and/or medical operations experience is strongly preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in becoming a member of our team, qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter indicating the position of interest along with a current resume, cover letter and salary requirements to our Human Resources Manager, Darcey Peterson at [email protected]. Submissions without a salary requirement may not be considered.
Email is our preferred method of submission, however, if you are unable to send your resume/cover letter via email, you may fax it to 717-848-3381 or mail it to our main office:
Martin Foot and Ankle
Attn: Darcey Peterson, PHR, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Manager
2300 Pleasant Valley Rd
York, PA 17402
We welcome the opportunity to review your qualifications. Should we determine a match between your background and our needs, we will contact you directly for an interview. Resumes of candidates who do not meet our current needs will be placed in our active files for 90 days and considered as other positions become available.
PLEASE NOTE: only candidates who apply via email will receive a confirmation email in response. Candidates who apply via fax or US mail will not receive a response unless we are interested in moving forward with the interviewing process.
Martin Foot and Ankle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.