BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Right Shoe
Business Development Manager - NOT CURRENTLY RECRUITING
(please note: this position is largely focused on business development with some store operations)
York Campus - 2300 Pleasant Valley Road
(regular travel between Hanover, York, Lancaster and Lititz is required)
Full-time, exempt (salary with monthly commission based on store sales)
This is a managerial position with multiple direct reports.
The Right Shoe, a subsidiary of Martin Foot and Ankle, is seeking a sales-oriented, outgoing retail sales professional to lead our retail shoe stores and grow the business throughout the local market. This position has the exciting and unique opportunity of working in a retail environment that partners closely with the professional medical office, which is a departure from the typical retail setting. The right candidate will need to be able to grow the business while ensuring the store is running smoothly on a day-to-day basis. Successful candidates will have both retail management experience AND proven business development skills (i.e. networking with other businesses and professionals to increase business). This position will spend 75% of their time in business development and 25% in store operations and management.
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working in a sales environment required (business to business sales experience necessary).
- Previous experience in a management role (including hiring and supervising direct reports) is required.
- Must be highly motivated and capable of motivating and coaching others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to resolve issues ethically is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to network with other area professionals required.
- Excellent critical thinking, active listening and time management skills required.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate a P.O.S. register system is necessary.
The exact schedule for this position will be flexible but the ideal candidate will need to be flexible in their availability to work varying hours as the business needs may require (i.e. working some nights/weekends for promotional events and networking may be necessary). This position will travel on a regular basis so a valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in becoming a member of our team, qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter indicating the position of interest and salary requirement along with a current resume to our Human Resources Manager, Darcey Peterson at [email protected].
Email is our preferred method of submission, however, if you are unable to send your resume/cover letter via email, you may fax it to 717-848-3381 or mail it to our main office:
Martin Foot and Ankle
Attn: Darcey Peterson, PHR, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Manager
2300 Pleasant Valley Rd
York, PA 17402
We welcome the opportunity to review your qualifications. Should we determine a match between your background and our needs, we will contact you directly for an interview. Resumes of candidates who do not meet our current needs will be placed in our active files for 90 days and considered as other positions become available.
PLEASE NOTE: only candidates who apply via email will receive a confirmation email in response. Candidates who apply via fax or US mail will not receive a response unless we are interested in moving forward with the interviewing process.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in our organization and we wish you success in your career!
Martin Foot and Ankle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.