Physical Therapy - Operations Assistant
York Campus - 2300 Pleasant Valley Rd
(will require occasional travel to other offices in Lititz, Lancaster and Hanover)
Martin Foot and Ankle is recruiting an Operations Assistant to work in our Physical Therapy department. The Operations Assistant will support the department manager with completing administrative tasks that ensure the smooth operation of the entire department on a daily basis. This position will cover the front desk as the schedule requires while also completing administrative tasks assigned by the department manager (described below).
- Review and adjustment of staff timecards per staff requests and weekly approval of timecards based on department schedules.
- Administer recruiting functions within the department (i.e. initial resume review, conducting phone screens, scheduling face-to-face interviews and coordination with Human Resources department).
- Assist the department manager with preparation for staff meetings (i.e. printing handouts, arranging for necessary equipment/resources and creating meeting agenda as needed).
- Develop new hire training schedules for new hire orientations and ensure follow-up with staff throughout the orientation process to ensure goals are being met.
- Assist the department manager with policy development and implementation within the department.
- Oversee OSHA compliance within the Physical Therapy department and coordinate initiatives with company OSHA officer.
- Review and monitor overall compliance within the department (especially regarding documentation and billing practices).
- Gather and present information from Press Ganey reports on a regular basis.
- Assist with patient scheduling and overall front office coverage as schedule requires.
- Monthly approval of department Concur requests (Concur is our expense reimbursement system).
- Involvement in department marketing strategy and initiatives (i.e. participation in health fairs, physician visits and other marketing events).
- Overall operational assistance within the department (may include supply ordering, maintenance efforts, coordination with other departments, etc.).
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Prior experience working in an office environment is required and medical office experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with OSHA compliance in the medical field is preferred; or the ability to self-learn regulations and guidelines.
- Exceptional follow through and proven reliability.
- Ability to work independently on a regular basis and be self-directed.
- Possess advanced computer skills (specifically within Microsoft Office Suite and other internet based systems) AND the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Maintain regular attendance and flexibility with work schedule (must be able to work evenings).
- Reliable transportation is required – ability to travel to all MFA offices as needed.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills (with both internal and external customers).
- Ability to react quickly, solve problems and act within the guidelines provided by the department manager.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality in sensitive situations and follow HIPAA guidelines.
- Ability to maintain operations by following policies and procedures as set by the department manager.
- Comprehensive background checks (per Child Protective Services Law) – including state and federal criminal background checks and a child abuse clearance (required).
This position will be required to work in our various Physical Therapy offices in York, Hanover and Lancaster as the schedule requires; therefore, reliable transportation and a willingness to travel is required. The schedule for this position will mostly be during weekday hours but will include some evenings until approx. 7:00pm.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in becoming a member of our team, qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter indicating the position of interest along with a current resume to our Human Resources Manager, Darcey Peterson at email@example.com.
Email is our preferred method of submission, however, if you are unable to send your resume/cover letter via email, you may fax it to 717-848-3381 or mail it to our main office:
Martin Foot and Ankle
Attn: Darcey Peterson, PHR, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Manager
2300 Pleasant Valley Rd
York, PA 17402
We welcome the opportunity to review your qualifications. Should we determine a match between your background and our needs, we will contact you directly for an interview. Resumes of candidates who do not meet our current needs will be placed in our active files for 90 days and considered as other positions become available.
PLEASE NOTE: only candidates who apply via email will receive a confirmation email in response. Candidates who apply via fax or US mail will not receive a response unless we are interested in moving forward with the interviewing process.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in our organization and we wish you success in your career!
Martin Foot and Ankle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.